Internship – Publications Team (Puentes) from January 2017
ICTSD publishes Puentes, http://www.ictsd.org/bridges-news/puentes/overview a periodical, communication, and engagement initiative for Spanish speaking audiences. Puentes brings new thinking and analysis on trade and sustainable development to policy makers and influencers in Latin America, the broader Spanish speaking world, and in global policymaking and negotiating fora. The face of Puentes will be one of timely accurate and insightful reporting and as a facilitator and platform to engage perspectives and analyses that are relevant to its audience. In so doing, Puentes will strengthen its identity as a vital network for Spanish speaking audiences.
The Intern will work with the Puentes Editor in the regular operation and development of Puentes on behalf of ICTSD. The Intern will contribute substantively towards publishing of Puentes and maintaining and expanding the Puentes platform, contributing in all aspects of development and production.
- As part of ICTSD’s publications team, the specific areas of responsibilities will include: Supporting the editorial process to define the publication’s strategic orientation and editorial line Assisting editors in managing both the editorial and physical production of Puentes Assisting in managing content, accuracy and consistency to advance ICTSD’s mission.
- Assist in audience outreach and identification, developing relevant lists of possible subscribers.
- Supporting the Publication with background research and preparation of draft programme documents.
- Overseeing the translation of articles into Spanish and/or English.
- Managing and updating Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn portals.
- Assist in developing network of authors from Latin America.
- Conducting researches on trade issues related to Latin America from a sustainable development perspective Help in developing the story list and drafting articles for each issue .
- Enrolled student preparing or person holding a university degree in Economics, Law, International Relations or similar.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment, both independently and as part of a team.
- 15-40 Hours per week availability throughout the Internship.
- 4-6 Month commitment
- Strong spoken and written English and Spanish (additional languages a plus).
- Excellent researching, organizational and computer skills.
ICTSD shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality.
Candidates are encouraged to submit their application as soon as possible, but no later than 5th December 2016.
Please submit a CV, Cover Letter, and a Writing Sample to email@example.com